Welcome to our blog for the Center for a New Culture, or CFNC! We are the east-coast extension of the Network for a New Culture, or NFNC. “What is New Culture?” you ask? Here’s one description:
New Culture comes out of examining every aspect of our existing cultures and experimenting to find out how to create a world based on love and freedom, rather than fear and violence.
In our explorations, we have looked at everything from inner aspects of one’s self-experience to global consequences of our societal choices. Some areas we have focused on include:
- methods of dealing with painful emotional reactions
- developing healthy boundaries
- conflict resolution skills
- alternative models of family, community and “tribe”
- improving communication across gender, ethnic, and racial lines
- acceptance of neurodiversity and diverse mental experiences
- freedom in sexual and loving connections
- reducing consumption and global impact of our lifestyles
- living in healthy relationship to children
- making sustainable choices around food and diet
- organizing to create local, regional, and global change.
We look forward to future explorations in these areas and others, such as:
- the aging and dying process
- money and our relationships to it
- disability and “normality”
- social entrepreneurship as a means for social change
Based in Arlington, Virginia, the Center for a New Culture holds workshops, weekends, and the New Culture Summer Camp East (in West Virginia). Part of the purpose of this blog is to do outreach to get the word out about our events. We also hope to create a public forum for discussion about what we would like to see manifest in the Earth’s future.